Aurifil Cotton Mako’ thread is made using the best long staple Egyptian cotton making it strong, smooth and relatively fuzz free.
The long fibres, and the mercerising treatment used during manufacturing, produces a thread with a high sheen and superior strength which is available in 252 solid colours, including 36 variegated colours.
Aurifil Cotton Mako’ is recommended for any purpose where a reliable, high quality 100% cotton thread is desired.
It is ideal for all forms of patchwork, machine quilting & embroidery, hand quilting & embroidery and bobbin lace work.
The generous size of the standard spools makes it possible to finish a design with a minimum number of spool changes.
The standard spools are conveniently packaged with a thread retainer base.
Gently twist the base to release thread for sewing & then tighten the base when ready to lock thread tails for storage.
A neat way to tidy up those flapping and tangling loose ends!
Cotton Mako’ Ne 40 is packaged on the green spool base
- It is an extremely versatile thread for general sewing, patchwork piecing, machine quilting, machine embroidery & appliqué.
- Achieve beautiful results when machine quilting.
- Patchwork piecing
- Machine quilting
- Machine embroidery
- Universal general purpose sewing
- Hand piecing
- Bobbin lace making
- Domestic & Longarm quilting machines
- size 75 /80 needle recommended
- 100% long staple Egyptian cotton
- 1000 metre spool & 150 metre mini spool
- Identified by green spool base
Cotton Mako’ is machine washable and colour fast under normal laundering conditions. However, it is recommended that you avoid the use of chlorine and strong detergents, containing bleaching agents, as these may damage some thread colours.Maximum washing temperature 60oC Maximum ironing temperature 150oC May be Dry Cleaned
There are 252 colours in the full colour range of Cotton Mako’ threads, including 36 variegated colours.